Tuesday 24 November 2020

Travelling Science Teacher

 scienceDue to the pandemic restrictions, intermediate students are not allowed to rotate to the different classes and must stay in one room at my school.  So my homeroom is in my room, where all of my science materials are located.  

I must now travel with whatever I happen to need for the block. 

This is a learning process.  Especially for experiments and build projects.  

I was doing an experiment today and realized, once class had started that I had forgotten one of the materials! Argghh.  I was on the upper level and could not just pop into my room to find it as I cannot just leave the students unattended for that long.  

Frustrated but we adjusted and got the experiment done anyway.  

Two classes are on the upper level and two on the lower level where my room is located.  

Trying to ensure that all things needed, including any materials for projects is another level of planning to do.  

At this point my technology room (power equipment like drill press also not being used - a disappointment but I will find a way to do building and design.

The added pain, literally, is that my clavicle and shoulder are still healing - slower than we'd like - so lugging stuff up and down the stairs is not pleasant. 

Just a quick post.

Thanks to all the PLN out there (real and digital) who help keep me motivated, entertained and inspired.

To my US friends, Happy Thanksgiving!  Stay safe everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment