Friday 31 July 2020

Broken

Hello friends,

I see I haven't written in quite some time.  It is difficult to do so now as, you see, I fell off my bike and broke some bones a few weeks back.  3 ribs and a clavicle to be precise.  It has not been a pleasant experience all the way around.  I honestly do not know how I could function without my loving spouse to help me as I cannot use my right arm above the elbow.

So amidst a pandemic and worrying about going back to school - I also have to deal with healing my broken bones, rehabilitation in order to regain movement and not do things I normally love to do in the summer like walk Indy, ride my bike, drive places, and chores (well I might not love to do these but it is the time to get them done so they aren't getting done). 

I can type for a certain amount of time but even that is stressing on the whole musculature of the shoulder and upper arm which no doubt, is also damaged.

I will persevere.  I will survive but it is not fun.  

At least I can still read and I can do a certain amount of computer time.  I am taking a Data Science course through Stanford with Jo Boaler, and doing some online conferences like the Hive Summit and Building Math Minds and the Pear Fair.  I will get through.  

Take care all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment